© 2019, Ed Kottick
This is how I will handle information I learn about you from your visit to my website. The information I receive depends upon what you do when visiting my site.
If you visit my site to read information:
- I collect and store only the following information about you: the name of the domain from which you access the Internet (for example, aol.com, if you are connecting from an America Online account, or princeton.edu if you are connecting from Princeton University's domain); the date and time you access my site; and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to my site, and the resources on my web site that you accessed.
- I use the information we collect to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of my site, and to help us make my site more useful to visitors.
- You may identify yourself by sending an E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Example, you would identify yourself if you sent an EMail to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You also may decide to send me personally-identifying information in EMail. For example, you could incude personal information in an electronic mail message requesting information on a lecture you would like for me to present. I use personally-identifying information from such inquiries in various ways to better serve my customers; however, this information will not be shared with outside people!
- You can contact me by postal mail, telephone, or electronically via EMail. Before you do, there are a few things you should know. The material you submit may be seen by various people that support my efforts, such as the staff at Zuckermann Harpsichords International. We may enter the information you send into our electronic databases for our own marketing or administrative use. If your communication is very sensitive, or includes personal information like your bank account or credit charge card numbers, please send it by postal mail instead of over the Internet, since we do not have a site with secure (SSL) facilities to encrypt such sensitive information: please use postal mail of the telephone for all such exchanges. For website technical issues, contact my Webmaster. And thanks for for your visit!
- I want to be very clear: I will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit my site, unless you choose to provide such information to us. My site does not use "cookies" to extract information about your web browsing habits. I do not use special programming techniques to extract your EMail address from your browser.